Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The plan moves fast. We're settling in!

A little over week ago our personal belongings began their final trip home (well home for a very long time!). I will admit  I had been worried about how big the house is, the property, the upkeep and oh yeah raising 2 kids along with it all.. but after almost a week in our home it will be fine.
The house is 2600 square feet on a property size of 1.19 acres.The original plan was a 1700 ish sq ft home with an acre, but when it feels right you go for it.. at least that's what I hope is still true in a year or two from now. There is a pool, front and back lawn, garden area, two sheds, a long driveway and a field for us to do with as we want. We have talked goats, livestock, a motorcycle track (maybe start as a bike track) all sorts of options. The bottom line is when I arrive home from work nightly I am happy and comfortable to be there. I didn't realize how uncomfortable and unhappy I was in our last rental until this week. I did not feel safe in the last place and it began to wear on me.
The best part is we are all happy. Keith loves the pool and room he has to play in the back yard, Chuck and I love the peace and quiet (even among us still unpacking) and the dogs (the ultimate babies) are happier than I have ever seen them. Hunter thanks us every evening with lots of tail wags and joining us on the patio for dinner. He no longer has the "I'm abused" labrador look.
I can only hope the next little boy will enjoy this place as much as we do... he really has no choice.. I am not moving again for a very long time!

Now for pictures... they are the outside as the inside is still littered with boxes.. so maybe another week or so for those. Sorry.. working, pregnant mom trying to plan a birthday party and keep up with everything else is FAR from perfect these days... you will get over it, I have :).



Fun in the yard

The yard angle 1

The yard angle 2

Pool

Play area behind pool shrubs


Future garden

Back patio

Field for livestock etc.. all the tall grass is ours.. yep goats soon!

Front


2 comments:

  1. Love love love!!! I'm soooo happy for you guys! And thanks for posting pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful place! I hope you enjoy your slice of paradise! It is really nice to have a place you feel like you can settle down in doesn't it!?

    ReplyDelete